games xtreme: 87% "...it’s a shining star, that meets many of the goals and standards set by long running titles..."
2404.org: 9.1/10 "Finally a racing game that suits me. With this game I can honestly say that Invictus have become favorites of mine."
Gamershell: 9/10 "I recommend this game to absolutely everyone, even those that usually have an aversion to the racing genre."
Fragland: 82.9/100 "CRC is a pleasant surprise that fulfils all the promises"
FileRush: 8.5/10 "I am pleased to say that I would highly recommend Cross Racing Championship 2005 to anyone out there"
• Did you know that... •
- you can listen to your favorite MP3 tracks
during CRC!Simply copy your MP3 files
into the Music folder (choose subfolder) and the game will
automatically play them during the race.
- you can adjust music volume by Num+ and Num- and skip
tracks by < and > button keys (point and comma).
- you can add your voice into CRC! The easy-to-use
system allows adding custom WAV-format files to the
game. Simply copy them into Sound\Speech\En (or choose
subfolder) and the game will recognize the new WAV
files and play them!
- you can rotate your head in cockpit cameras with buttons
Q and W
- your head movements are visible in multiplayer by your
opponents and are recorded in replays too
- you can shift gears directly by numeric keys (direct shifts
gears can be changed in control options)
- you can zoom external cameras by page-up and page-down
- When you are playing Multiplayer, the Host can also leave
the session any time and the first client will become the
- CRC 2005 gives detailed tuning hints
and helps. Just go to the car setup screen and press the
hint button to learn more about how to set-up a racing car
for different surfaces and racing styles.
- CRC 2005 supports skin modding. It's very easy,
you don't need programming skills to add your own skin,
you just need to copy your png or dds file into the skin
folder of the car and the game will automatically use it.
- CRC 2005 is prepared to support add-on gamemodes.
Just write your own game-mode, and copy the java file into
classes/gamemodes/src folder, and the game will automatically
use it. Should you don't want to distribute its source file,
just send over the class file to your friends. (classes/gamemodes/yourgamemode.class
- If you think your add-on car, music, skin, or gamemode
should be available for everyone, send it over to Invictus,
and we'll put your files into Invictus LIVE!, so
that everyone can download and install it by a mouse click.
Feel free to send over your file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we can only use files that does not breach
the legal rights of a third party.
- You can take screenshots by pressing F12.
Your shots will be saved into the screenshots folder
that you can find next to your crc.exe file.